If you’ve been following along since July 2015 (beginning with How The Devil Stole Your Soul), you have seen both how Satan’s handiwork was imprinted upon Adam and Eve and handed down through unconscious generational assaults by parents, peers, governments, schools and media. Furthermore, you’ve gained a diamond-sharp picture of how you personally see and do life, and how your ability to rationally experience reality was distorted into a way of thinking that has been hazardous to your health.
I applaud you for your persistence. I also thought it fitting this New Year’s Day that we would begin our journey out of this mess…
We were created for a victorious life:
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Cor. 15:57, 58. NKJ
For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 Jn. 5:4, 5. ESV
That victory is gained and maintained on a spiritual battlefield:
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Eph. 6:11, 12. ESV
The fact that you are with us on this journey says that you’re engaged in the first step on the path to turning your life around for good – and that is to be aware that there is a problem (darkness). You don’t have to feel bad about it. You were force-fed this disease.
You were born perfect. You are perfect (through the blood of Jesus). You will always be perfect. It’s likely that you don’t believe it because you were inundated with lies that say you’re not – including those told to you by the very defense mechanism you created (that voice in your head) to protect you from the potential recurrence of some past event (real or imagined), that you were not equipped to process at that time.
You did not ask to be hurt, frightened or filled with self-doubt. Yet it happens to everyone to some degree. It was an unconscious process that can be undone – by becoming conscious of it as well as being aware of your unconscious efforts to maintain that deleterious status quo.
In other words, we can render the dark mind powerless when we recognize its false nature and withdraw ourselves from the agreements that we made with it. We wake up by arming ourselves with awareness.
The second step on the path to regaining your life, is to thank God for bringing you to a place where you can consider that alternative – a life much grander than your present vision / experience. Then the healing can begin:
I give thanks to You, O Lord, for Your eye stands over my soul, and You have delivered me from the jealousy of the mediator of lies…for apart from You nothing is done, and without Your will nothing is known…You O my God, turn the tempest to a whisper, and the life of the distressed You have brought to safety…my agonies become an eternal healing… Dead Sea Scrolls.
We are not our false mind. Otherwise we could not watch or listen to its onslaught. We are first and foremost our spirit. We are awareness:
…meditate on the secret of why things are and investigate it at all times, and then you will know truth and evil, wisdom and falsehood…refine your heart, and your thoughts will be characterized by great insight… Dead Sea Scrolls.
God is our life, happiness and peace. Yet, because of His unchanging respect for our free will, He cannot touch us / communicate with us unless we are presenting our awareness instead of living out Satan’s template.
We can also ask the Holy Spirit for help in gaining the deepest understandings of life and love:
…Ask and keep on asking and it shall be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you shall find; knock and keep on knocking and the door shall be opened to you. Luke 11:9 AMP
Ask to have your awareness tuned to Him 24/7, and all will be revealed – your darkness replaced with light. There are only two plans for life: God’s or the devil’s. The love and healing begin when we say ‘Thank You God.’
Given that unconscious people handed down their unconsciousness to us, we cannot say that we were victimized in the traditional sense. Regardless, we cannot get past this ‘Big Sleep’ that we’ve been living in until we become aware of what we think and do, take responsibility for it (without judgment) and look to see what that has cost us. Then we can come to a place where we can begin to think and do things differently – first by removing the suffering from ourselves, and then assisting others to do the same. That’s called compassion.
We are not alone. Our suffering is not unique. When one suffers, we all suffer. If we can help remove that suffering, we are helping God. The only way the darkness can keep a hold over you is if it can convince you that you are alone. When you break out of that isolation, the entire universe celebrates and becomes a better place for it.
When you know you are part of the oneness of God, you will see through the adversary’s tactics of alienation and the absurdity of remaining in fear of your true self. You will break the grip of this age of anxiety.
Let’s consider some pillars of truth upon which we can build up our reserves of compassion:
1. You are a gift from God to everything else in this universe. No one or nothing else possesses your unique gift(s); and you bring them by just being who God created you to be. There is no reason to don a mask of any kind. You are special beyond measure – and so is everybody else.
2. Whatever happened to you was not your fault. You deserve nothing but compassion, and so does everyone else.
3. Life is a gift and we are a gift to life.
4. There is nothing wrong with you or anyone or anything around you. When you realize the perfection that you possess, you’ll understand that there in nothing you have to change, fix or improve. All you have to do is remove the layers of armor that you thought you had to wear to cover the imperfections you do not have. There isn’t anything that anyone could know about you that could make you less of a person in the eyes of God.
5. We try to control life, thinking that the reason it’s not turning out ‘right’ is due to our failure to control ourselves. We’re imprinted with this reasoning as a child. Did you ever see a child that could control itself? Control is an illusion. Instead, we can choose to respond to our present-moment circumstances in ways that differ from our old knee-jerk responses, by letting go of the lies we believed and the conclusions that we made about them. We can be ‘at cause’ for what happens in our lives. Our future is not predetermined or immutable.
6. All people seek happiness and fulfillment, but most have had to contend with the suffering that accompanies despair, sadness, loneliness, guilt and shame. Remember that anything we have done, we did out of fear in an effort to survive the life that we made. We deserve compassion, not condemnation. And compassion only grows from forgiveness.
7. Wisdom comes to us as slow as molasses in January and is usually borne out of unpleasant circumstances. When people think that they can tolerate no more of these ‘circumstances,’ they enclose themselves behind walls of defense – severing themselves from receiving the wisdom these circumstances were meant to impart. Our demons from the past are illusory, but the pain is real. We are all just doing our best to avoid suffering.
You cannot wait until you feel that you’ve become a better person or until you think your life is straightened out before you give yourself compassion! Life will just continue to pass you by.
Be kind to yourself. Acknowledge your Herculean efforts to survive, to do good things, to be a good person and to find love. Appreciate your creativity and have compassion for yourself for feeling that you needed your creations. See that you had the power to make them, so you must have the power to deconstruct them as well and set yourself free.
Once you offer yourself and others compassion, acceptance will follow as well. When you understand your actions, you’ll understand the actions of others.
Accept that we all struggle and bring meanings to things that aren’t applicable, and we keep our struggle in place by not letting those meanings go.
We regain our life when we lose our mind.
We all share the same ways of being human, both workable and unworkable – all fighting the same fight. When you accept yourself, you’ll stop hating yourself and others. When you love yourself, you’ll accept and love others.
Accept that you lack nothing, you are not the voice in your head, your world is perfect and that acceptance is a life-long exercise of love.
Give compassion to yourself for having lived in fear of both change and pain. Embrace the pain as a harbinger of a transformational learning experience as you become aware of why you felt that pain in the first place.
When you establish a new love relationship with you, along with the kindness, compassion and acceptance that comes with it, you’ll find the world will reflect that love back at you. It does involve work, but it takes an equal amount of effort to hold onto your misery.
Everything you’ve ever been looking for is within you – even and especially, God Himself.
Now you are ready to begin receiving His gifts that He’s already placed within you and your life will turn around for good.
Goodnight and God bless.